6.14.2009

Addendum & Erratum to Booze Post

Okay, so the Booze Post, (which has been removed from blog, sorry) generated quite the response, many discussions with friends, and much introspection. Good job, Booze Post. You did your job well.

BUT there is something I feel the need to clear up, re: self-medicating. In the post I discussed the running commentary in my head - in all our heads, I believe - and compared it to the crawl (that's the ticker, folks) at the bottom of the CNN screen (an analogy that, secretly, I think is genius ;) I went on to say that part of the reason I drink one too many glasses of wine from time to time is to turn the crawl off. This generated much concern from many friends.

Here's my spiel: isn't that why people do anything to excess? Weight-lifting, drinking, working, praying, reading, eating, having sex, shopping, yoga, scrap-booking, blogging, cross-word puzzles, swimming, movie-watching, list-making, over-scheduling our children, running...whatever your obsession: don't you do in part to turn off your crawl?

Now the discussions included another school of thought where it wasn't how I turn my crawl off that generated concern so much as the content of the crawl. To this I say, wisely : Phhhhllllbbbbtttttt!!!

Everyone's crawl is crazy. Grab some paper and a pencil and jot it down word for word sometime. I fiercely believe that you're all as nuts I am ;)

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne ChronisterJune 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM

    exactly! Most of us don't have the guts to admit it, but yes, we all have the crawl. I too wish I could turn it off and just be. That's my dream. You rock Jeanine! Keep it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw boy...u're so right... I think if i re to write mine down....I'd probably go to jail as a looney terrorist....lol I tell u what... dealing with part of the family, their pre menopause and customer service every freaking day... I better just shut my crawl with some good old wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%! My crawl makes me crazy and is crazy somedays...I wish I could too turn it off. And yes...I am as nuts as you!

    ReplyDelete

leave your spiel here!